- Modelled on and fully interchangeable with the one sold in the 1960s by Eddie Dow.
- Fits all BSA alloy head A10 models. Will not fit A7, A10 iron head or A7SS as they use different collets.
- Retainers and springs are lighter than the original BSA items, meaning that inertia forces in the valvetrain are decreased. Compared with standard springs the conversion gives a lower valve force when valve is seated and a higher force when valve is fully open.
- Uses original BSA collets and valve spring seat washers.
- The conversion comprises:
- A set of four light alloy valve retainers
- to the same aerospace materials specification and dimensions as those sold in the 1960s by Eddie Dow.
- Made in the UK on CNC equipment.
- A set of four pairs of BSA Gold Star valve springs,
- made in the UK to the original BSA specification for the 500cc DBD and 350 cc DB motors (BSA part no. 65-2495 inner and 65-2494 outer).
- Made from a modern superior high duty specialist valve spring steel (super clean oil tempered Silicon Chromium Vanadium Nickel alloy high tensile valve spring wire).
The fitting notes give full information for installation and are available here for download and saving.
141104 © Ebor Bikes 2013