These are weak springs that are used to replace the valve springs to simplify checking operating clearances in the valvetrain when the cylinder head is being built up prior to being installed.
- Makes checking the critical operating clearances in 4 stroke cylinder heads more accurate, faster and easier.
- For use in most classic or modern motorcycle and car engines. In typical situations they exert about 2 pounds of force, making it easy to examine free motion of the valves by hand for any crankshaft position.
- Free length of springs is 45 mm and they will compress to below 11mm. Their internal diameter is 25mm.
- Makes it easy to verify that:
- Each valve spring, when fitted, will have the correct installed length.
- Valve springs will not be too close to being coil bound at full valve lift.
- Valve collets and spring retainer don’t come too close to the top of the valve guide or stem oil seal if fitted.
- Valves don’t come too close to the piston.
- When valves are both open, they don’t come too close to each other.
- Widely used in the performance shops in the USA that tune large pushrod V8 engines.
A note on using the springs is available for viewing and downloading here. Before purchase, please read the note to check that the springs suit your needs. The price is for ONE spring, so order multiple items as you require. Items are posted Royal Mail tracked.
140625 © Ebor Bikes 2014