Terms and Conditions
- When you have placed your order, a confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail complete with reference numbers for the transaction and the order. Please check this, as it is your responsibility to read it carefully and inform us promptly if it does not agree with your intentions.
- Orders will be dispatched promptly and customers who have registered with the website can follow the status of their orders when they are logged on.
- It is buyers’ responsibility to check product descriptions and part numbers before purchasing parts. We are very happy to assist buyers by answering their questions before purchase. Please use email for this.
- If you wish to cancel your order you should do so as promptly as possible. If a product has already shipped when you inform us about a wish to cancel an order, then the transaction has become subject to our returns policy.
- We ship goods once we have received payment.
- We use UK Royal Mail for shipping.
- Details of shipping are covered in our “Delivery and postage” menu item at the foot of our pages.
- We offer payment by PayPal and direct funds transfer. Both these methods are efficient and permit us not to store any credit card or other financial information about you on our website.
- If a payment takes more than 14 days to arrive, then we at our discretion may notify the transaction-customer and void the transaction.
- If you are in another currency zone, please note that the website checks currency conversion values daily and that payment in Euros and US dollars is available.
- Claims for damaged goods should be made to the freight carrier, Royal Mail http://www.royalmail.com/ and also here.
- Damaged goods should not be returned to Ebor Bikes unless prior arrangements have been made, see Returns below.
- If you need to return goods, there is an option at the foot of the website’s homepage which you should use to contact us, following which we will email you a Return Management Authorisation Number for you to quote to us when you actually make the return. We do not accept returns made by other routes.
- Notifications of an intention to return goods to us must be made within seven days of receipt of the goods.
- We are not responsible for any labour charges or other consequential costs incurred during fitment or removal of allegedly faulty or incorrectly supplied items.
- An administration fee of £2 will be deducted from any refund processed through PayPal.
- We do not make refunds in cash.
- To be considered for return, items have to be in a re-saleable condition.
- Some items cannot be returned. Items not allowed for return are tools, purchasable downloads, electrical parts, seals and consumables such as adhesives and gaskets.
- Any item or items which have been installed or marked or altered in any way cannot be returned. We examine and inspect all returns very closely and can identify items that have been installed, marked or altered.
- Items made to special order cannot be returned.
- Items that have been removed from sealed packaging that was made for the item will be subject to a re-packing fee between £2 and £5.
- We cannot accept responsibility for returned items which are undelivered. It is in buyers' interests to retain the proof of postage etc. as it may be required in the event of a claim to buyer’s carrier.
- Items meeting the above criteria and which are returned to us and received within 20 days of shipment are eligible for full return of purchase price less original shipping costs. Items returned to us and received between 21 and 30 days after shipment will be subject to a 25% late returns processing and restocking fee in addition to any other applicable charges. After 30 days of shipment, no returns will be accepted. Buyers’ shipping costs for returns are not refundable; it is the buyers responsibility to pay all shipping and related costs.
- We strongly discourage buyers from ordering parts for test fitting with the intention of returning those items that ended up not being used. This could happen for example with push rods of slightly different length. Buyers suspected of “buy and try” will be denied the privilege of making a return.
- If we receive a returned item or items which are judged to have been installed or not accepted by us for any other reason, then if the buyer wants it back they will have to pay all shipping and related costs before the item or items are sent back. If such return-to-buyer costs are not made within 14 days of receipt of items then we will consider that the buyer has abandoned or forfeited the items.
- Because of the high cost of international shipping, if an item is being exchanged by a buyer from outside the UK then it is the buyer’s responsibility to fund, before dispatch from us, the costs of the return shipping (and any other related costs) back to the buyer.
- Returns that are received damaged and returns that are lost in transit will remain the buyer’s or the buyer’s insurance carrier’s full responsibility.
- This returns policy is subject to change without notice and supersedes any and all payment providers’ policies.
- Prices of our goods and shipping charges are subject to change without notice.
- We warranty that our products are free from defects in material and workmanship and against excessive wear for a period of 12 months from date of purchase.
- All items must be fitted by competent personnel.
- Items must be fitted in compliance with correct operating clearances.
- Lubrication under operating conditions must be satisfactory.
- Our obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the product. No incidental and consequential liability for the failure of a part is accepted, whether this be mechanical damage, property damage, or personal injury/damage.
- There is no warranty on the following:
- Any part used in racing, performance or speed testing, or competition.
- Any part that has been altered.
- Any part that has been improperly installed or improperly maintained.
- Any part that has been used in an improper way or in an unsuitable application, abused, or not used in conjunction with the correct parts.
- There is no implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- There are no warranties which extend the description given here.
- Our warranty does not cover deterioration of any item due to normal use, fair wear and exposure unless due to a defect in material or workmanship.
- The information we provide has been prepared to the best of our ability.
- We assume no liability for errors contained in the information that we provide.
- It is the responsibility of the user and or installer to ensure that items we supply are correct and suitable before purchase and installation.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes in products we manufacture and market at any time in order to meet demand or improve our products.
131024 © Ebor Bikes 2013