Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase, we store your email address, logon password and address details to help you in subsequent visits to our store.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- Because we only take payments by PayPal and direct funds transfer, we never see and therefore cannot store any payment information relating to any customer.
- We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
- You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
- Because we don’t have advertisers on our web site, no third party cookies are placed on your computer from our web site.
Use of Your Information
- We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. This can include using the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in. We do this through our newsletter service, which registered users can opt into or out of.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing, for example if we change our web site host (which we have no plans to do at present). By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer should we do it, or storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely. For example, the parts of the web site concerned with purchasing uses the HTTPS secure protocol.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Thus, in common with other e-commerce sites, we cannot guarantee the security of data that is sent between your computer and our web site electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to a buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
- On occasion we may include links to third parties on this website.
- Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy.
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to be shown any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10.00 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with this information.
140813 © Ebor Bikes 2014